







This is going to be short and sweet since we are VERY tired!! The pictures are from Venice, where we are now, and the first one is from the island of Burano. Aren't those colored houses pretty??? I couldn't resist a picture.
Last night we did the Venice at Night excursion so we could see it w/o SO many people, and cooler, plus the lights, etc. It was nice, though there are lots of men selling glowstick things and roses for the ladies and other CRAP that cheapened St. Mark's Square, to say the least (the giant cell phone ad covering half of the basilica [on top of scaffolding] didn't help either). Nonetheless we had a nice time and it was, indeed, cooler than today (heat wave from Africa coming, though thanks to GA and TN it's not like we aren't used to it).
Woke up this morning; Michael went to breakfast and I slowly (and I mean SLOWLY) got ready. Was a bit cranky again... are we seeing a pattern here??? :) Which is why I'm getting lots of sleep tonight, as I think that has been the issue.
Nonetheless, got on the bus (not our normal bus, a different one, and we miss ours! And the A/C! And our driver Luigi!! We'll get it all back tomorrow...) and headed to leave the mainland for Venice. Got onto the ferry, got there, and proceeded to glass blowing displays, a gondola ride, and then the ferry trip to Burano Island. All in all, a LONG, hot day, but it was really great. We kept pinching ourselves, "We're on a gondola... in Venice, Italy... being serenaded... what?!" Needless to say, lesson plans and the upcoming year are the last thing on my mind... and I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment